- Malaysia is among the most friendly and hospitable places in the
world to work and live in. In addition, the country's tropical climate
with its uniform temperatures allows light, comfortable clothing
throughout the year.
- Expatriates and their families will enjoy a safe and comfortable
living environment with 21st century amenities, good healthcare and
medical facilities, excellent educational institutions, and world-class
recreational and sports facilities - at costs much lower than in their
- One of the country's most distinctive features is its rich diversity
of cultures, a heritage derived from its racial mix of some of the
world's oldest civilisations - Malay, Chinese and Indian.
- Multi-racial and culture has enabled Malaysians to speak at least
two, and even three, languages - Malay (the national language), English,
and their own mother tongue.
- There is a wide selection of comfortable housing in Malaysia.
According to a survey on expatriate living costs by the Malaysian
International Chamber of Commerce & Industry, monthly rentals for
accommodation can range from as low as RM1,500 - 4,500 for a furnished
3-bedroom condominium in the suburbs of Kuala Lumpur to approximately
RM15,000 for a luxury bungalow in a posh neighbourhood nearer to the
- There are over 30 international schools registered with the Ministry
- These schools are located in the federal territories of Kuala Lumpur
and Labuan, and in the states of Johor, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri
Sembilan, Pahang, Penang, Perak, Sabah and Sarawak.
- They include American- and British-style international schools as
well as French, German, Japanese and Taiwanese schools that have
facilities for pre-school to college education.
An Unsurpassed Lifestyle
- Life in Malaysia is an adventure. The year-long warm and sunny
climate offers an unsurpassed lifestyle, especially for people who love
- Families can spend many an exciting weekend at Malaysia's national
parks with their magnificent rivers and mountains. Or fly to one of the
many island retreats for snorkelling and scuba diving. Or drive for a
game of golf in a cool hill resort.
- For people who prefer to be indoors, they can shop-until-they-drop
in ultra-modern shopping complexes that offer the latest in designer
fashions, leather goods and electronic items at very competitive prices.
- With the wide range of foodstuffs and consumer products available in
the supermarkets and departmental stores, expatriate will find Malaysia
a home-away-from-home. Establishments in Malaysia cater for every taste
and budget and range from shopping malls to hypermarkets to specialty
- Where dining is concerned, Malaysia is one of the countries in the
world where a family can afford to eat out almost everyday of the week.
For updates, visits www.mida.gov.my